If you’re a victim of crime you can now have your say in the parole process

A couple of years ago, I drafted a new law about the parole process.
It’s now an operation.
If you or a family member where the victim of a serious crime that resulted in a life sentence, you can now have a say in whether the person who committed that crime should get early parole.
You’ll also, as a victim of crime, get legal aid to support you in that process.
Under the legislation, you, the victim or the victim’s family can make submissions to the parole board so that your voice can be heard when the perpetrators application for parole is being considered.
If you want to be involved in this process, a victim registration form is available online from the parole board.
You should have your say.

Jim O’Callaghan TD 

Latest news

All news